TURNER'S FARM this farm near the road of Paço de Arcos goes to Porto Salvo, before coming to this village. In 1712, the Portuguese Corografia refers to a place called 'Torneyro', on the outskirts of Lisbon. It seems, however, that the building is much earlier, with all the characteristics of a Manor of the 18th century or principles until the late 17th century. In 1734, the fifth of the Tournament, or Quinta dos Anjos, belonged to a certain Lesley Teresa da Mota. A few decades later the rule would have been offered by Queen Mary I to the Bishop that the family tradition for your confessor. After being a part of the assets of the Mercy of Santarém, the fifth of the Tournament is bought in the first quarter of 19TH century, by Freitas Guimarães de Vasconcelos, Chief Accountant of the Kingdom; António Isidro da Costa, 1st Viscount of Porto Salvo inherits through Turner's farm, mother leaving for Italy, where their days. The succession passes to your nephew José Viana da Silva Carvalho, grandfather of the current owners.
A beautiful portal, carved in relief, gives access to the terraces formed by the dependencies and the main body of the Palace, flanked by two wings. That unusual, this involves only one floor. Very simple, the facade, oriented to the North, there seems to be more than the extension of the Chapel, which guess the Majesty by the elegance of the portal and belfry, as well as the size of the central Pavilion which houses the ship. Inside, this ship, which sits on a square plan, is almost treated as a sculpture, where he combines the white stone of the high pillars, the vigorous entablature and dome over pending with the stone in 'trompe l'oeil', blue and white of the tiles that mimic a cornice, a bottling and pillars supported by Atlanteans. The altar in gilt, complete this set of great beauty, performed in 1718. The decoration of the chapel will only be finished between 1760 and 1770 with the placing of Rococo tile on the top part of the chorus. The rest of the House consists of four large rooms covered with mixer and ceilings with tiles arranged along the entire southern façade on the majestic terrace which provides access to the beautiful garden of stomachs. In the dining room and in midstream of the lounges, the spaces become very highly topical, since the South give directly onto the gardens while spread out on the imaginary scenarios suggested by tiles. More precious and still reflects a renewed interest towards a nature after all a bit sophisticated, are the tiles of the long dining room, formed by the meeting of two halls of the late 18th century. This is paineís the best taste and painting multi-colored, exquisitely preserved. Seems to be factory-made product or another of the best workshops of Lisbon, about 1790 Belong still to 65,000 m2 rustic terrain.
It is 15 km from Lisbon, near the A5 Lisboa-Cascais, Paço de Arcos.